Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Dieses Thema wurde geschlossen und archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Gesperrt Archiviert

PDF's are treated as downloads instead of just rendering them.

SuMo Bot

When I try to view a pdf in the browser, Firefox downloads it first. I went into about:config and changed to browser.download.start_downloads_in_tmp_dir = true just to get it to stop downloading to a specified folder, but now it downloads in tmp directory leaving me with the same issue of pdf's piling up on my computer just to view a pdf in the browser.

This never used to be an issue. I do not want to automatically download every single pdf I view on the internet. Is there some way that Firefox can simply render the pdf instead of downloading it?

When I try to view a pdf in the browser, Firefox downloads it first. I went into about:config and changed to browser.download.start_downloads_in_tmp_dir = true just to get it to stop downloading to a specified folder, but now it downloads in tmp directory leaving me with the same issue of pdf's piling up on my computer just to view a pdf in the browser. This never used to be an issue. I do not want to automatically download every single pdf I view on the internet. Is there some way that Firefox can simply render the pdf instead of downloading it?

Alle Antworten (1)

A browser has to download a document for you to view it. That is normally to your temp directory and the preference you have used restores that situation. Your OS should clear the temp directory at shutdown or restart.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.