Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Unable to copy text in youtube comment

Franco

Android, Fx v 97.2.0 (Build #2015863825)

I am unable to copy text from youtube comments when viewing videos in Firefox browser for Android. Long pressing doesn't work. I am able to copy YT comments in other browsers such as Opera, DuckGo, Chrome and the Adblock Plus browser.

Someone recommended using an add-on called Universal Copy but it has bad reviews and I don't understand why an add-on is necessary for such a basic task.

Why is it not possible to do this in Firefox browser but possible in the other browsers? How do I copy YT comment text when using Firefox browser to watch YT videos?

Android, Fx v 97.2.0 (Build #2015863825) I am unable to copy text from youtube comments when viewing videos in Firefox browser for Android. Long pressing doesn't work. I am able to copy YT comments in other browsers such as Opera, DuckGo, Chrome and the Adblock Plus browser. Someone recommended using an add-on called Universal Copy but it has bad reviews and I don't understand why an add-on is necessary for such a basic task. Why is it not possible to do this in Firefox browser but possible in the other browsers? How do I copy YT comment text when using Firefox browser to watch YT videos?

Alle Antworten (3)

Hi

This has been found to be an issue for the YouTube team to resolve. You can read more about this at:

https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/19524

So the solution is to use another browser such as Chrome, AdBlock Plus, Opera or DuckDuckGo. It's kind of amazing that in 2022 something as simple as copying text isn't possible in Firefox.

Thank you for your feedback.