Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Dieses Thema wurde geschlossen und archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Gelöst Gesperrt Archiviert

E-mails are automatically marked as read immediately upon receipt

SuMo Bot

This feature was working correctly for years. E-mails that had not been read would show with bold text in my inbox until I read them. Suddenly a few months ago they started showing as read immediately upon receipt. When I watch the messages coming in now I can see them show up as bold (unread) for a fraction of a second before they get marked as having been read. In an attempt to stop this from happening, I currently have the "Automatically mark messages as read" option turned off but it has not stopped the unwanted behavior. However, if I mark a message as "Unread" and then open that message it still shows as being "Unread" when I close the message, so the setting seems to be working somewhat.

This feature was working correctly for years. E-mails that had not been read would show with bold text in my inbox until I read them. Suddenly a few months ago they started showing as read immediately upon receipt. When I watch the messages coming in now I can see them show up as bold (unread) for a fraction of a second before they get marked as having been read. In an attempt to stop this from happening, I currently have the "Automatically mark messages as read" option turned off but it has not stopped the unwanted behavior. However, if I mark a message as "Unread" and then open that message it still shows as being "Unread" when I close the message, so the setting seems to be working somewhat.

Alle Antworten (1)

Ausgewählte Lösung

I just noticed that someone posted a reply to a posting I made a while ago. They suggested the problem might be BitDefender. I found a BitDefender protection feature for Antispam. When I turned that off my problem went away.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.