Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Restore session does not work when (all) history is set to be deleted on shutdown
In "Edit | Preferences : General | Startup" activating 'Restore previous session' will not do what expected when in ": Privacy & Security | History | Firefox will" is set to "Use custom settings for history" and "Clear history when Firefox closes" is activated and in its "Settings..." (When closed, Firefox should automatically clear all | History) "Browsing & Download History" is activated.
1) So, why is there no warning, if these conflicting preferences are choosen? (You close Firefox and at next start, all Tabs are gone.)
2) Why is it not possible to have 'Restore previous session' and still delete at least the Download history when exiting Firefox? (Firefox does not need the download history for restoring the previous session, does it? In other words: why are the browsing history and the download history not at separate checkboxes? Finally: why cannot the browsing history be deleted except the currently open tabs (for restoring the previous session at next start)? )
Well, I know that these are not really questions for the user community, but I don't know where else to put them.
Thanks!Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 👍 0
Alle Antworten (2)
Your open windows and tabs (session history) and your download history reveal the sites you were using, so they are treated as part of "history" for purposes of
covering your tracks maintaining your privacy by clearing history.
It definitely would be convenient if there were warnings on the Options page; I don't know how complicated that would be to implement.
If you would consider an add-on for this, maybe there is one that can remove history for closed windows and tabs, leaving only the history for the URLs of open tabs. No idea how complicated (or slow) that would be to implement.
To submit suggestions for changes in future versions of Firefox, you have many choices, depending on your desired style of interaction.
- Mozilla Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/
If none of the categories seem to fit, try https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/firefox-development
- Reddit (monitored by Mozilla): https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/
- I saw someone created a Change.org petition but I don't know who sees those
Limited Length Comments