Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Thunderbird not recognizing password

KingspointJay

I was having an issue sending email. I could receive OK. Troubleshooting was not going well so I deleted my account and tried simply setting it back up. When I set everything up it says incorrect user name or password. I have re-entered the username (email address) and password many times but it will not go through. If I enter the same user name and password in their web based (webmail) system it works fine. Since it works on the webmail server Bell is telling me it must be a Thunderbird error. Please help.

I was having an issue sending email. I could receive OK. Troubleshooting was not going well so I deleted my account and tried simply setting it back up. When I set everything up it says incorrect user name or password. I have re-entered the username (email address) and password many times but it will not go through. If I enter the same user name and password in their web based (webmail) system it works fine. Since it works on the webmail server Bell is telling me it must be a Thunderbird error. Please help.

Alle Antworten (5)

That worked but only half way. I was trying the IMAP settings and switched to POP. So now I can receive e-mails but still can't send. I will appreciate any tips but this particular email account is 98% incoming anyway. Any replies I will use my secondary account.

Well I think we are getting closer. It seems to connect to the server but it "times out". What is frustrating is that I am pretty sure no setting were changed that would explain why it stopped working in the first place.

We are just Using the stock Windows Defender. I will try safe mode but that will have to wait until we close for the evening. Thanks for the help so far.