Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

Why can't FF give permission for location. I get "Could not detect your location"

Barry

If I go to a web sight like Boston Market for instance, and try to find a location near me by using the "use my current location" prompt, and grant permission from the pop up I get a "Could not detect your location" prompt. What can I do to fix this issue?

If I go to a web sight like Boston Market for instance, and try to find a location near me by using the "use my current location" prompt, and grant permission from the pop up I get a "Could not detect your location" prompt. What can I do to fix this issue?

Alle Antworten (2)

Hello barryb1,

Would you please read this article  ?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/does-firefox-share-my-location-websites

If you still have any questions after reading the article : fee free
to ask ......

Ausgewählte Lösung

In addition to the above - as I noticed that others posted the same question :

Type in the address bar about:config and press Enter (promise to be careful, if asked)

Type in the search bar geo.

Check the values of the following preferences :

geo.wifi.uri

geo.provider.ms-windows-location

geo.enabled

If you had to change a value, then close and restart Firefox in order for the change to take effect.