Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Will I lose my email if my account is disconnected?

Pg369

My Thunderbird account is basically a backup of my work email.

If I leave the company and my address is deactivated will I lose all of the email if it tries to sync? Or will it just stop and leave whatever is downloaded on my computer.

Thanks.

My Thunderbird account is basically a backup of my work email. If I leave the company and my address is deactivated will I lose all of the email if it tries to sync? Or will it just stop and leave whatever is downloaded on my computer. Thanks.

Alle Antworten (3)

This all comes down to where the messages are stored. You need them stored on your computer.

  • If the account used IMAP, then they are stored on the server.
  • If the account used POP, you'll keep the messages but you'll get irritating errors if and when Thunderbird tries to connect to the server.

The answer to both of these situations is to move or copy everything that you wish to keep into the Local Folders account in Thunderbird.

You may be able to drag and drop folders. Personally, I would build the required folders system by hand and move messages using multi-select, then right-click and Move to… and tackle it folder by folder. Dragging folders is easy, but may require thousands of messages and nested folders to be moved, and this isn't a reliable operation when using email protocols.

Thank you! I did drag them since I had no subfolders and the number of messages is identical so hopefully they came over ok!

pg369 said

Thank you! I did drag them since I had no subfolders and the number of messages is identical so hopefully they came over ok!

Click a few at random and make sure you have the bodies of the email.