Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

Is it a Firefox browser or Yahoo.com which is doing this

Ari94

I use Yahoo.com as home page and recently noticed that it is showing news about a particular country often, which I do not like. Strangely when I use Private Browsing I can see normal news/information on the Yahoo.com. I wonder why it is happening? Is it a Firefox Profile setting or Yahoo.com search save my search history (I always clear history/cookies on daily basis).

Any help/advice in this regard will be appreciated.

Thank you

I use Yahoo.com as home page and recently noticed that it is showing news about a particular country often, which I do not like. Strangely when I use Private Browsing I can see normal news/information on the Yahoo.com. I wonder why it is happening? Is it a Firefox Profile setting or Yahoo.com search save my search history (I always clear history/cookies on daily basis). Any help/advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank you

Alle Antworten (3)

Ausgewählte Lösung

Sites can recognize you using cookies, entries in "local storage", or entries in "Flash storage" (LSO's). It could be that clearing your regular cookies is not enough to stop Yahoo's page from recognizing you and personalizing your results.

I'm not sure of the easiest way to clear local storage for a site; to clear Flash storage, you can try out the BetterPrivacy extension, or use the management panel on Adobe's site:

Hi, I had completely forgotten about the flash cookies. Thank you for sharing information. I have installed betterprivacy and also checked the saved cookies using the second link you have provided. I am going to make some changes in the settings will be back if needed.

Thank you

Hi, Further to my previous reply adding further information. I have made necessary adjustments in betterprivacy/macromedia flash player. I was surprised when I saw some strange flash cookies off course which I deleted using betterprivacy. After making adjustments I restarted computer and the Yahoo.com was back to normal as I wanted.

Big thanks for your help always.