Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

While typing words wiithin a sentence in any app or screen, why do typing certain letters. like h, i, y move the cursor to elsewhere within a sentence??

AudreyH

My cursor will move to another place within a paragraph or sentence while I am typing anything. This happens with many letters, like h, i, y etc..., I also notice that the letter p will sometimes highlight a sentence and the very next keystroke wiill delete I just typed. As a matter of fact this has happened 3 times during this paragraph.

My cursor will move to another place within a paragraph or sentence while I am typing anything. This happens with many letters, like h, i, y etc..., I also notice that the letter p will sometimes highlight a sentence and the very next keystroke wiill delete I just typed. As a matter of fact this has happened 3 times during this paragraph.

Alle Antworten (4)

Hello there,

This issue could be caused by add-ons or extensions installed in your browser. If you go ahead and disable them and see if that solves the issue. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons

1. Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. 2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel. 3. Select the add-on you wish to disable. 4. Click its Disable button. 5. Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.

Give those steps a try and keep us posted.

Hope this helps!

Did you try to reboot the computer?

cor-el said

Did you try to reboot the computer?

Yes, I have rebooted several times and still have this problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Can you try a different keyboard?

Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) to see if that helps.