Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Løst Arkiveret

I want to restore the new tab features after Yahoo somehow took it over.

Jahosacat

Somehow I changed the new tab feature so that the Yahoo search engine opens when I open a new tab. I uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar and now the new tabs open blank. I want to get back the feature with the pushpins!

Somehow I changed the new tab feature so that the Yahoo search engine opens when I open a new tab. I uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar and now the new tabs open blank. I want to get back the feature with the pushpins!
Læs dette svar i sammenhæng

Valgt løsning

THANKS!!!! This did the trick!!!!!

Alle svar (4)

See this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):

Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:

Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).

Sorry, but, this doesn't solve my problem. When I open a new tab, there are no squares there for me to add any sites to. I even tried changing back to an older version of FireFox

If there any any squares then you either do not have the about:newtab page or you need to click the grid icon in the top right corner to make the squares appear.

You can check the browser.newtab prefs on the about:config page.

Valgt løsning

THANKS!!!! This did the trick!!!!!