Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
Firefox icon won't stay on files
My HTML/HTM files lost their icon - the icon shown looks like a "blank white page". Do I downloaded and ran File Types Manager (FileTypesMan.exe) to reset the HTML/HTM default icon. It worked for a while, then reverted to the white page again (several times). I'm getting frustrated having to reset it so often. Searching forums has not been of much help. I've even deleted the HTML extension and started over with:
- right-click file and select "open with -- choose default program" - select Firefox and check the box "alwlays use the selected program.."
It looks like a registry setting from another program (Word?) is causing problems... Has anyone solved this?
Alle svar (3)
Is Firefox the default browser? If so, Firefox should be associated with those extensions and the icons should have the logo on them.
Try to rebuild the Windows icon cache.
- Open the Task Manager (Shift+Ctrl+ESC)
- In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
- Open the file picker via "File > New Task (Run)" and click the Browse button.
- Type or Paste %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local in the File name field (AppData is a hidden folder).
- Select the IconCache.db file and use "Delete" in the right-click context menu to delete the file.
- After the IconCache.db file has been deleted, start a new explorer.exe process via "File > New Task" to get the desktop and Taskbar back.
Verify in Windows Explorer that you can see the IconCache.db file before doing the above mentioned steps because the IconCache.db file may be a hidden file.
I rebuilt the iconCache using different methods. Yes Fx is the default browser. I reset the icon using FileTypesMan several times to one of my own icons. I check the registry for default icons for HTML and FirefoxHTML. All seems ok for a while, then the HTML icon turns into the "white page" again.