Can't load Words With Friends in Facebook on FF 22.214.171.124
I can't get Words With Friends to load using FF 126.96.36.199. Oddly enough, when I use FF 12.0, it will work. Tried using safe mode, uninstalling and reinstalling java and flash, have cookies set to accept third-party. It gets to the Words With Friends logo, but the progress wheel just keeps on spinning.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.524
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.4.0 for Netscape and Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19
As you say that "Words with Friends" is working with latest Firefox 12, then you should use the latest Firefox version.
See this article -> Firefox 3.6 is no longer supported
Check and tell if you have any further queries.
You don't want to use such an old version of Firefox. It is very insecure, very slow, and as you've found out, it doesn't work with modern web apps. Is there a reason you aren't using firefox 12?
There is definitely a reason I'm not using Firefox 12.0, which can be seen here:
Every time I try to do the following in FF 12.0, the browser stops responding/hangs/freezes/basically says "sorry, dude:"
1. Download files either by right clicking and choosing "save" or clicking directly on it. This includes email attachments, videos, etc. I also cannot attach files to emails since the same thing happens the moment I hit "Browse."
2. Cannot access Tools/Options/Applications, usually getting the same results. In my various attempts to resolve this, I have been able to open that window, but the space where file associations are listed is empty.
If it's any help, when I've reverted back to FF 220.127.116.11, I can do all those things ... I just can't get "Words With Friends" to load in Facebook.
What I have done in an attempt to correct this issue:
1.) Everything, including deleting the various .rdf files, etc.
2.) Tried starting in safe mode, using every possible variation.
3.) Uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox around a hundred times, removing personal settings and cleaning the registry each time.
4.) Uninstalled and reinstalled Flash and Java three or four times each.
I am at my wit's end, thus the request for help. Unfortunately, if someone offers a solution, I've probably tried it.
Additional information: I did use firetune once, returned to the backup configuration I created, used it again and returned to the backup again. This seems to be right around the time the problems began, but I'm not positive.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Running WinXP Media, 512MB RAM, 32-bit, etc.
Did you try a new profile with the current Firefox 12 version?
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I did try to create a new profile, many times. And this includes when I was running FF 18.104.22.168 and FF 12. I also checked the plug-ins by disabling them AND starting in safe mode. None of these things worked.
Perform the suggestions mentioned below in oreder:
1) Restart your Windows in Safe Mode as described in the following article:
2) Uninstall Firefox as described in this article -> Uninstall Firefox from your computer
- Restart your system
3) Is my Firefox problem a result of MALWARE ??
- Popups Not Blocked - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
-> Do a MALWARE check with these Malware Scanning programs. You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. Make sure that you UPDATE each program to get the latest version of their Databases before doing a Scan. Also, Close All other Applications (softwares) before Starting to Run Scans.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- Ad-Aware Free Internet Security - http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Microsoft Safety Scanner -> http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
- Windows Defender -> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
-> Your Malware undetectable by most anti-malware programs (maybe because randomly named) may still be present and has other hidden symptoms, see this article -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backdoor_%28computing%29
- If this Malware is a Rookit, try this free Kapersky's tool -> Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
-> After performing all the above steps, Restart your system.
4) Download latest Firefox version from the following link using some other Web Browser:
5) Install Firefox 12 as described in this article -> How to download and install Firefox on Windows
- DON'T START FIREFOX YET
6) Create a New Firefox Profile as described in the following article:
- Basic Troubleshooting - Make a New Profile
- Now start Firefox using this newly created profile.
Check and tell if its working.
7) IF that New Profile works then you can recover your History, Bookmarks and Passwords from the Old Profile.