Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Keep getting an "install rdf" message

AnonymousUser

I keep getting the following message when starting up Firefox...........Firefox could not install this item because "install.rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem.

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== after I updated firefox

I keep getting the following message when starting up Firefox...........Firefox could not install this item because "install.rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem. == This happened == Every time Firefox opened == after I updated firefox

Alle svar (1)

See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Your plugins list shows outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.

# Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper) 

Update the Java plugin to the latest version. See http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp#jdk (you need JRE)