Firefox icon is superimposed on the icons on my desktop
About half of the icons on my desktop now have a little firefox icon superimposed on top of them. What do I need to do to remove them?
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Whatever icon is displayed on the file is the program that is used to open that file. Internet links and a few others would have the Firefox icon.
Thanks very much for the reply. They show up on a wide variety of icons - the icon for my router settings, mp3 files, video files, folders, jpeg files, and video game files. They have never been there before - I don't know why they have suddenly appeared. Is there any way to remove them? They look like the attached image.
I had thought it was the Firefox icon alone. Now I see it is more. I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.