Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

GFX Card remains in 3D Mode while firefox is open.

Aphyosis

The issue is resolved when opened in safe mode, but returns even with addons disabled when I start it normally. Holding the high performance clock speeds is causing a lot of fan noise which makes general use unpleasant. I've attempted to disable hardware acceleration, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

The issue is resolved when opened in safe mode, but returns even with addons disabled when I start it normally. Holding the high performance clock speeds is causing a lot of fan noise which makes general use unpleasant. I've attempted to disable hardware acceleration, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Alle svar (3)

hello Aphyosis, disabling hardware acceleration was probably the right way to go about this problem - this setting requires a restart of the browser to take effect though.

As I said, I've given it a go and had no luck, even with a restart. It seems to be an intermittent problem though, it comes and goes with restarts.

I should say - The hardware acceleration did not work even with restarts of the browser, but the issue is intermittent based on restarts of the system. Independent of the hardware acceleration setting.