remember me - mozilla support ASK page
Is there any way, I can have Mozilla Support page (login page) remember me. I get bored of logging in each time (currently alot!)
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Have you set the Password Manager to remember log-ins? Are you clearing cookies? What about your disk cleaning and anti-virus? They also clear cookies.
Type about:preferences#privacy <enter> in the address bar.
The button next to History, select Use Custom Settings.
Under History, turn on Accept cookies from sites and Accept third-party cookies. At the far right, press the Exceptions button. Place those web sites you don't want here.
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history:
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
This one has proven to be trickier than I hope.
The only way I seem to be able to get the "ask page" to remember me, is accept cookies for ALL of Fx domains AND allow DOM storage for fx domains.
Now this confuses me because I had understood cookies at set at domain level. So why does fx ask page need DOM storage too?
So my logic was telling me, I should only have to allow cookies for the specific domain for ask page.
please see screenshot for all the cookies.
My understanding is some cookies are helpful and some are intrusive (for me). As I am not that technical, I assume all are the intrusive types and only allow explicitly one when I want to do something. So allowing ALL the domains rather than the one expllcitly for Mozilla support ask page, seems way too much for me.
Ændret af NeedHelp den
See this thread in the contributors forum about localStorage:
- /forums/contributors/710809 Unable to post a new question in the support forum