Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Løst Arkiveret

How do I set the "Save as" location?

dktomlinson

When I download a file, I want to be able to Save as instead of just Save so that I will know where the file is and so I can tell the browser where to put the files. I don't want to have to go to Downloads, find the file, and then extract it in order to save it where I want it. Besides, not all downloaded files have to be extracted, so I still have to find the file and either rename it with the full path I want, or cut and paste it. Both are a waste of precious time in my opinion.

When I download a file, I want to be able to Save as instead of just Save so that I will know where the file is and so I can tell the browser where to put the files. I don't want to have to go to Downloads, find the file, and then extract it in order to save it where I want it. Besides, not all downloaded files have to be extracted, so I still have to find the file and either rename it with the full path I want, or cut and paste it. Both are a waste of precious time in my opinion.

Alle svar (2)

Valgt løsning

See:

  • Firefox/Tools > Options > General: Download

Thanks. I'm new to Firefox, so this was very helpful.