Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

search bar is displayed in the middle of each page (in all tabs)

jm jiemer

I installed portable Version 156.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, the search bar is displayed in the middle of each page instead of the menu bar. Is this a known bug? see image thanks

I installed portable Version 156.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, the search bar is displayed in the middle of each page instead of the menu bar. Is this a known bug? see image thanks
Attached screenshots

All Replies (4)

Chosen Solution

Can you go to about:config and switch toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets to false, then restart the browser? Thanks.

Modified by TyDraniu

thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it is not fixing the problem. To be sure I switch it on and restarted: no change Then I switched back to false: no change. I still have this search bar in the middle (see attachment) Thanks

  1. Please don't mark an answer as a Chosen solution until it's resolved.
  2. Try to select View -> Toolbars -> Customize toolbar and click the Restore defaults button.

thanks i did as asked, but no progress. Maybe I should deinstall and reinstall

About: mark an answer as a Chosen solution, I didn't mark this as I didn't even find where I could mark (or not mark) it. I'm just using post a reply. Sorry if I oversaw something

Thanks

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.