Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Arhivirano

once i have opened/used an url in a new tab, I cannot clesr the address bar to enter new URL - address bar seems frozen

exapno2

whenever I open multiple tabs, I cannot clear the address bar to enter a new URL address....i am using the latest FF Beta

whenever I open multiple tabs, I cannot clear the address bar to enter a new URL address....i am using the latest FF Beta

All Replies (2)

Odabrano rješenje

Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).


Does it work if you open a new window?

See also:

I found an easier solution for now - minimizing the browser reestablishes the cursor and unfreezes the address field for some reason. It should be noted that if I open a new tab, and I see 'enter web address here', I KNOW it has frozen...

I shoul dadd not minimizing the window, but clicking 'Restore down' is what works

Izmjenjeno od strane exapno2