Cannot import Outlook 2019 emails and names/addresses
None of the methods listed, either via Thunderbird or on the Internet in general work. Or, if they are supposed to work, the directions are not complete or accurate.
I'm trying to move stored emails from Outlook 2019 POP3 Windows10 32-bit into your latest Thunderbird. NO luck. Yes, I get a .CSV file from Outlook, and change it to MS-DOS version, then nothing. Similar with names/address. There is a lot of talk about having to use EML as the transfer medium--but, Outlook can't create EML. Worse, within Thunderbird, even with you Import/ExportTools NG add-on, there is no commone EML linkage to make the transfers work. SO...where is a guaranteed method to make these transfers work?
As of now Thunderbird is just a crude mail client--I can receive emails, I can send emails (but have to manually enter the address). None of the old Outlook emails are available. None of the old Outlook addresses are available.
Don't mean to be so cynical; but, I'm so tired of software making promises and then not delivering.
Robert Yohe, Jr.
All Replies (1)
I agree that CSV format isn't ideal, but it's a common tool that only needs tweaking. For some successful approaches, see this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1569866
But I don't know what was promised and not kept. Thunderbird has always had restrictions on Outlook imports. It's a proprietary format and MS doesn't provide much help there.
To import your messages, this approach works:
https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-home/ FREE import pst files and then export to mbox and then import to thunderbird with the importexporttools NG addon. This may not be a perfect solution, but it's the only free PST conversion tool of which I am aware.
These steps do work, so I wish you well. :)