Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Thunderbird emails archive

Michał G.

I was actively using Thunderbird in 2024-2025. Then I moved to Outlook. I had difficulty to move emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, so 2024-2025 emails remained in Thunderbird only. Last month my company did not extend Kylos domain subscription therefore Kylos will delete my emails from server soon. I'm afraid I will loose 2024-2025 emails then. Could you please advise / explain the solution not to loose my emails in Thunderbird. Server configuration IMAP. Emails moved from inbox and outbox to local folders, but for IMAP it may not be solution.

I was actively using Thunderbird in 2024-2025. Then I moved to Outlook. I had difficulty to move emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, so 2024-2025 emails remained in Thunderbird only. Last month my company did not extend Kylos domain subscription therefore Kylos will delete my emails from server soon. I'm afraid I will loose 2024-2025 emails then. Could you please advise / explain the solution not to loose my emails in Thunderbird. Server configuration IMAP. Emails moved from inbox and outbox to local folders, but for IMAP it may not be solution.

All Replies (1)

Try this two-step process:

  1. install the addon, importexporttools NG
  2. highlight a folder to save, rightclick and select the importexport option to export mbox
  3. repeat for each desired folder
  4. next, reverse the process this way:
  5. highlight Local Folders
  6. rightclick and select the importexport option to import mbox and select one of the previously exported files.
  7. repeat for each other such file
  8. and you're done
Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.