what happend to search in thunderbird
Is search discontined?
Is search discontined?
It appears this method below only works for the received Message-ID, but I need to search for the sending server Message-ID in a bounced email. Or perhaps a simple plain … (lees meer)
It appears this method below only works for the received Message-ID, but I need to search for the sending server Message-ID in a bounced email. Or perhaps a simple plain text search of the entire contents shown when I open View Source?
I can see it there as pictured below, how do I use search to find all emails with that in the header?
Reference these instructions; https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/how-to-search-for-an-email-using-its-header-message-id/107377/2
Basically I have a variety of sending servers that are bouncing back to me and I want to know who is responsible for which messages. I can manually find that by viewing source on each email no problem, but want to search all and get all at once.
In the search results overview, incorrect email addresses are sometimes additionally displayed in the 'Recipient' and 'From' columns. (Taken from the email directly locat… (lees meer)
In the search results overview, incorrect email addresses are sometimes additionally displayed in the 'Recipient' and 'From' columns. (Taken from the email directly located above it.)
Win 11 Home 25H2 Thunderbird 156.0.1
I did a search and when it didn't return results in the current folder I hit enter/return again and it searches everywhere. The results from this extended search produce… (lees meer)
I did a search and when it didn't return results in the current folder I hit enter/return again and it searches everywhere. The results from this extended search produces clips from the numerous emails it found. If I then click on "show results as a list" it has always in the past condensed the results to a list. However, this time it no longer has the search text in the filter line and says "no message found"
Hello. I have several saved search folders in Thunderbird. These are all tax related. The searches are run against my local archived emails and are mostly searches agains… (lees meer)
Hello. I have several saved search folders in Thunderbird. These are all tax related. The searches are run against my local archived emails and are mostly searches against specific received dates (my tax year). I have found several of the searches are duplicating the results of the search. When I check the folders I am searching within, there are no duplicate emails. I was wondering if anybody else has run in to this problem. Deleting the searches and starting over does not fix the problem.
I have been using Thunderbird for a while.. I could always filter messages easily to help with mailbox cleanup, now it seems to have stopped working or a setting has auto… (lees meer)
I have been using Thunderbird for a while.. I could always filter messages easily to help with mailbox cleanup, now it seems to have stopped working or a setting has automatically changed.. When activating Quick Filter, I could type in the 'Filter Messages' box and it would start listing the mails in that inbox as I typed, now it doesn't happen anymore..
I have been unable to add Yahoo as the default search engine. No matter what address I type in, it consistently comes up with "Could not add OpenSearch Provider for". … (lees meer)
I have been unable to add Yahoo as the default search engine. No matter what address I type in, it consistently comes up with "Could not add OpenSearch Provider for".
The message recipient doesn't show up after a search. Does anyone know how to fix this?
How to search Desktop Thunderbird with multiple accounts for email message that were sent/arrived during a specific date range, a "Global" search which covers multiple ac… (lees meer)
How to search Desktop Thunderbird with multiple accounts for email message that were sent/arrived during a specific date range, a "Global" search which covers multiple accounts. All of the guidance I have found online result with me needing to pick a particular account.
Why does Thunderbird need to have a search engine built in? How can I remove/disable this option completely?
I have a lot of emails stored in different local folders. My search now hang. They go so far than just hang. Is there a way to rebuild the complete indexing for my thu… (lees meer)
I have a lot of emails stored in different local folders. My search now hang. They go so far than just hang. Is there a way to rebuild the complete indexing for my thunderbird install?
There used to be an option of searching by various fields such as From, To, etc. I cannot find it. The only option I find, is "mentions", and this does not include From. … (lees meer)
There used to be an option of searching by various fields such as From, To, etc. I cannot find it. The only option I find, is "mentions", and this does not include From. Took me a while to find a message today.
Is there such option somewhere?
Quick Filter does not return correct results in Unified Inbox (Thunderbird 140.12.0 ESR) I'm using Thunderbird **140.12.0 ESR (aarch64)** and believe I've found an issue … (lees meer)
Quick Filter does not return correct results in Unified Inbox (Thunderbird 140.12.0 ESR)
I'm using Thunderbird **140.12.0 ESR (aarch64)** and believe I've found an issue with the Quick Filter when searching the **Unified Inbox**.
1. Open the **Unified Inbox**. 2. Open the Quick Filter bar. 3. Enter a search term (e.g. "maddy").
If I open the **actual Inbox** containing that same email and repeat the search:
This behaviour is reproducible with multiple search terms and suggests that the Quick Filter does not search the **Unified Inbox (virtual folder)** correctly, even though the same search works in the underlying physical folder.
Could you please confirm whether this is a known issue or a bug?
I added two new email accounts to my Thunderbird installation (140.12.1esr (64-bit) under Windows 10), and am able to receive and send mail just fine. But the T-bird Sea… (lees meer)
I added two new email accounts to my Thunderbird installation (140.12.1esr (64-bit) under Windows 10), and am able to receive and send mail just fine. But the T-bird Search utility doesn't work for those accounts. I can do a Search for an email address, subject, etc. that's showing on my screen for those accounts, but the Search utility comes up empty. Search does work for three other accounts, however. Any ideas?
Sometimes a search term will pull up many emails I need to sift though, like in the case where it's a common word, like permit. I was searching the term "permit" for buil… (lees meer)
Sometimes a search term will pull up many emails I need to sift though, like in the case where it's a common word, like permit. I was searching the term "permit" for building permit emails and got many unrelated emails that were more recent with permit in the email body. I am able to quickly skim and see these are unrelated but the limiting factor is only ten results per page. When I click load more, takes a few moments to load. I was unable to find any way to change this. How can it be done? Should be possible, it's doesn't affect Mozilla's processing because everything is done locally on my machine. I would much rather 100 results to load or to load indefinitely.
Additional question: on that search term, many unrelated emails came up as mentioned before. When I searched the same term in gmail in my internet browser, only relevant emails came up. Why is this? How do I improve the thunderbird search?
I am getting a lot of phishing emails. They all come from email addresses from "onmicrosoft.com". These I can find pretty easy. The other thing they have in common is … (lees meer)
I am getting a lot of phishing emails. They all come from email addresses from "onmicrosoft.com". These I can find pretty easy. The other thing they have in common is this URL/'server name' in the Message Header "send.workwithshadow.com".
Is there a way to search and/or filter for text in the Message Header?
Thanks, Walter Cook
I'd like to be able to search for a single email address in TB's inbox. Often I just need to find one email from an email address. I don't need or want to do a "saved … (lees meer)
I'd like to be able to search for a single email address in TB's inbox. Often I just need to find one email from an email address. I don't need or want to do a "saved search" I just want to reread a specific email from a specific sender. I believe I'm using the classic layout. I've looked through settings, layout, but can't find a way to do that. When I looked through the help articles, etc, all that came up w/saved search. Before one of the latest updates, I could just type in the sender's name or email address, look through all of them, then restore the inbox to list all emails by date. I'd like to be able to restore that function, is there a way to do that?
I have some emails from BT (e.g. no-reply@inform.bt.com, BT@updates.bt.com, hello@message.bt.com) When I search (using the bar at the top) for: - "bt", it returns no resu… (lees meer)
I have some emails from BT (e.g. no-reply@inform.bt.com, BT@updates.bt.com, hello@message.bt.com)
When I search (using the bar at the top) for:
- "bt", it returns no results ("No messages match your search) - "message.bt.com", it returns the relevant results - "bt.com", it seems to return anything with ".com" in it (which is lots of things, my computer doesn't like this situation)
Is this a bug (or multiple bugs)?
I was wondering if there is a way to easily copy a saved search from one parent folder to another. I have searches I use to c apture emails for tax purposes. I use dates… (lees meer)
I was wondering if there is a way to easily copy a saved search from one parent folder to another. I have searches I use to c apture emails for tax purposes. I use dates, subject lines, etc. to capture these emails and I have almost a dozen per tax year. It would be nice to copy my 2025 saved searches to my 2026 folder, and then just edit the dates as needed to capture the correct year. Thanks for any help you can provide.
How I could terminate the search when it has reached the end of the e-mail, and not just tell me "reached end of page, continued from top", a message that is so obscure a… (lees meer)
How I could terminate the search when it has reached the end of the e-mail, and not just tell me "reached end of page, continued from top", a message that is so obscure and — if the window is quite narrow — will not even show.
Why I cannot select to get a pop-up note telling me I've reached the end of e-mail and ask if I would like to continue from top?