Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
Solved In die argief

Can't sign in to eBay: am told user name and/or password is wrong but not so.

hamptonian

When I try to sign in to eBay I am told (in red) that the user name or password is incorrect but neither is. No problem with IE.

When I try to sign in to eBay I am told (in red) that the user name or password is incorrect but neither is. No problem with IE.

All Replies (2)

Gekose oplossing

Looks like you might have an old password saved in Firefox.

The instructions here should be able to help you remove your saved ebay password.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/make-firefox-remember-usernames-and-passwords?#w_viewing-and-deleting-passwords

Thank you timc. I still don't know why it happened but deleting the (apparently correct) user name and password and then re-entering them on going to the site has done the trick.