Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Revert to old firefox look

secureline1501

Is there any way to revert to the old Firefox style before the update to 157.0 without downgrading? Bit too round for my taste and it's not as easy to recognise favicons, read tab names, and read bookmarks with the weird colour gradient in the background

Is there any way to revert to the old Firefox style before the update to 157.0 without downgrading? Bit too round for my taste and it's not as easy to recognise favicons, read tab names, and read bookmarks with the weird colour gradient in the background

All Replies (3)

Hi

You can choose you own theme from our add-ons site. If you are looking for something close to the default theme, you may want to try:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/firefox-proton/

Gekose oplossing

While themes address some of the issues, and I appreciate your response, they still didn't fix all of the quirks I didn't like about the new design. I just found out about `browser.nova.enabled` in `about:config` though, which actually just reverts to the old theme

secureline1501 a écrit

While themes address some of the issues, and I appreciate your response, they still didn't fix all of the quirks I didn't like about the new design. I just found out about `browser.nova.enabled` in `about:config` though, which actually just reverts to the old theme

That's better—we're saving space horizontally, but it's not enough. Tabs haven't been tabs anymore—they've been buttons—for quite a few versions now. A tab should be flush with the page, not above the address bar and without any space below it. But these buttons have completely lost their usability. Referring to “tabs” when what we see are buttons is a linguistic error that leads to confusion. A tab was once a feature whose logic has been sacrificed for aesthetics.

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.