Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
Solved In die argief

Downloading files

Iganinja007

I cannot download a file that I know is safe. There are no settings I can adjust to by-pass the automatic scanning and deletion.

I cannot download a file that I know is safe. There are no settings I can adjust to by-pass the automatic scanning and deletion.
Lees dié antwoord in konteks

Gekose oplossing

I think it's Windows Defender, but I haven't studied threads like the following in detail:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-exclusion-in-windows-security/4c8462b7-b781-43d2-8e30-ef233d23d76d

All Replies (6)

Are you getting a notification from Firefox on the drop-down from the Downloads button? That is from the phishing and malware protection feature. More info in this article if you want to try turning off the "Block dangerous downloads" feature temporarily:

How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?

These were already set (unchecked)

What indication are you receiving that Firefox is blocking the download?

These are the messages I get.

Gekose oplossing

I think it's Windows Defender, but I haven't studied threads like the following in detail:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-exclusion-in-windows-security/4c8462b7-b781-43d2-8e30-ef233d23d76d

Yep, the Real Time Protection was the culprit. Thanks for your assistance. LLAP