Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
on firefox, my bengali fonts fragment. how can i fix it
when i browse facebook on firefox, bangla fonts fragment. I cannot read and understand. how can i solve it?
All Replies (6)
I'm not too familiar with this type of problems, but let me ask you some questions to try to get closer to a solution:
- Is this a recent problem for you - did you have this problem in your previous version of Firefox or are you a new Firefox user?
- Have you tried the Encoding options in the View menu? You can press the Alt key on your keyboard to reveal the Firefox menu. From there, you should be able to find the View menu.
You can use this extension to see which fonts are used for text that is selected (right-click context menu: Show fonts in selection).
You can try different default fonts and temporarily disable website fonts to test the selected default font.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced
- [ ] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
- Please, download Windows 7 font "Shonar Bangla". Then copy it in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.
- Please, disable website fonts to see the selected default Bengali font by following the below steps.
- Go to: Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced
- Please, selct the below.
- Fonts for: Select "Bengali"
- Serif: Select "Shonar Bangla"
- Sans-serif: Select "Shonar Bangla"
- Size: 30
- Please, uncheck the box: [ ] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
Okulungisiwe ngu Ferdous_Zahid
To fix it in your latest firefox versions (22.0 or later) simply go to
tools > options > content
there you will see the fonts & color menu in the mid section
click on advanced and you will go to advanced fonts field
select the following:
font for: Bengali size:16
proportional: Sans Serif
serif: Siyam Rupali
sans serif: Siyam Rupali
Monospace: Siyam Rupali size:14
DO NOT UNCHECK "Allow pages to select their own fonts, ..." checkbox
and then at the bottom
Set Fallback Character Encoding: Western (ISO-8859-15)
Click ok and ok and voila there you are. All of your problems has been fixed :)
I have posted a post about this problem solution with video tutorial. You can read The post . I hope your problem will be resolved.
Okulungisiwe ngu introvert_munna
The solution is: Kalpurush.
Probably the font Siyam Rupali does not work in the latest version of Firefox. Change the Bengali font to Kalpurush, and it will work.
Just go to Options and change the font to Kalpurush under Fonts & Colors. Click on Advanced and make all the font options as Kalpurush.
It has worked for me and now I can read Bengali text on websites without any problem.