The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items
I am currently using FF 3.5.3 on an Intel Mac OS X 10.5. I can't download FF 6 because of the error message: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items." This is my work computer, but my computer administrator has no clue as to what the problem is.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
Every time I tried to update since FF 6 was released
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 184.108.40.20648
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.6 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Team, 2006-2009 Veetle, Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- Office Live Update v1.0
- eMusic Remote Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
I've uninstalled and reinstalled FF 3.5.3, hoping that might help.
I've emptied my cache and closed all open applications.
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 6.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.