I hate tabs. How can you kill them in Firefox 6.0
I have found a few Tab Killer programs but they do not work on 6.0. Do you have a way to end tabbed browsing completely. I already went to options/tabs/open new window instead. That doesn't work. Thanks
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Unity Player 3.2.0f4
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
The most common time for a new tab to open is when you click a link that opens a new window. If you have already disabled that, can you describe the circumstances where a new tab opens?
carly68, I absolutely love tabs. I'm not trolling or being patronizing at all: can you explain what you don't like about the tabs?
It's quite rare for me to have less than ten tabs open simultaneously, spread between a handful of windows, and I'll wager a few times it's topped sixty or more. Tabs are the king of "I'll get back to this later, but right now I should actually do some work." They make Google searches a breeze: open five potential solutions in tabs, and the last four load as you read the first. Close a non-helpful tab, and you're already reading the next.
Firefox 1.5 became my browser of choice and replaced Mozilla, which I discovered in 2001 (2000?), and I've loved the tabs ever since realizing what they were.
I HATE tabs. I have no use for them whatsoever. We need a real option for users who never want to be bothered with tabs. Why must we search and search for solutions to something that was arbitrarily added to everyone's experience with Firefox? Please provide a serious tab option.
I had forgotten this fix for the right click menu ( for repositioning the "Open link in new window" option): an add-on called Menu Editor 1.2.7. It works in Firefox 6 & earlier. And it keeps me from dumping Firefox out of complete frustration.
Need a solution for FF8