Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
URGENT! Your version of Firefox is no longer protected against online attacks. Get the upgrade - it’s fast and free! I am unable to deal with the enclosed message - I download the latest upgrade and message remains on the page
Question URGENT! Your version of Firefox is no longer protected against online attacks. Get the upgrade - it’s fast and free!
I am unable to deal with the message as above which is on my firefox page - I download the latest upgrade and message remains on the page
All Replies (4)
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version and uninstall the currently installed version.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 5.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
I have done as suggested above - unfortunately this did not work.
You are still showing FBSMTWB(Fast Browser Search Make The Web Better!), malware by any reasonable definition. It is obviously affecting your User Agent String and who knows what else.
I'm sorry I can't help any further but this alert should bring you help.
You may have a corrupted user agent that identifies you as Firefox 3.5.4
See these pages and threads about Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB in the user agent, Help > About).
- http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=51697 - Manual Removal Guide for FastBrowserSearchToolbar