Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Trying to install update for FF4 will display the software update window..."connecting to update server". No error messages just "conncecting to update server" 48 hrs straight. What is the problem?
1. FF4 shows new 2.8MB update available. 2. download the update. 3 install the update. 4. Software Update window appears. Shows "Downloading Firefox
Shows "connecting to update server"
5 Window is permanent 48 Hrs!
All Replies (3)
Remove the files in the updates and updates\0 folder.
You may need to delete active-update.xml and updates.xml as well if present.
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates (%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox)
If updating doesn't work then do a clean install:
- Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Do not remove personal data if you uninstall the current version.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
Your message cut short at critical point. Please finish
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you