Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

How to I get Thiunderbird to display my emails I'm just getting the imformation page!

dbcook

I've just downloaded update Thunderbird. All I see is the information page - How o I get it to display my emails!

I've just downloaded update Thunderbird. All I see is the information page - How o I get it to display my emails!

All Replies (3)

What version of Thunderbird?

Please post a screen shot. I'm not clear what you mean by "information page."

Are you referring to the Start Page? See the attached image. That can be turned off at <Settings | General | Thunderbird Start Page>. The pane where it shows is where a selected message's content normally shows. That pane can be toggled between visible and hidden stages by pressing <F8>.

I've sorted it now - just did a new download. Thanks anyway.

Same symptoms here on TB 153.4.0esr (macOS, aarch64) after a Mac crash: empty folder pane, and no view changes were working to restore the blank folder pane. Console showed NS_ERROR_FILE_ALREADY_EXISTS from SmartMailboxUtils.

I fixed it by opening Troubleshoot mode, then quitting. That restored my folder pane, but I was missing the unified folders and was unable to add them. To fix that, I quit TB, moved the smart mailboxes folder out of my profile’s Mail folder (to my desktop), relaunched, then re-selected Unified Folders. Thunderbird rebuilt the smart mailboxes and all seems ok now.

Buza umbuzo

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.