Embedded Twitter Videos won't play - Firefox 45 (MacOS 10.5-10.8)
i am using Firefox browser on most of my devices and i really like it , but lately i noticed some shortcomings (plugins no more working outside Firefox ESR starting with FF52) and since i often visit RT noticed that embedded videos that refer to Twitter won't work on my systems that are limited to Firefox 45 on Macintoshs with MacOS X 10.5 till 10.8. Mac OS 10.9+ can install Firefox 45+ eg FF 52 or above , but for example on Mac that is running Osx Lion 10.7.5 and FF 45 this problem appears.
Here is a link to a site with embedded video that works on such a system https://www.rt.com/uk/441856-passenger-rant-rynair-flight/
instead when the embedded video is linked to twitter it won't show the video, like here https://www.rt.com/sport/441844-mourinho-temper-chelsea-khabib/
Is there anything i could do to make the video playable on Firefox 45?
Thank you very much for your great work at Mozilla!
Okulungisiwe ngu riku12
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Looks like this was fixed with this bug. It doesn't mention a specific Firefox version, but Firefox 45 can't play such a m3u stream, so you are out of luck.
- Bug 941351 - (m3u8video) Handle VIDEO element with M3U8 source