The new update of Firefox dosent allow me to see and control my computer screens, I can see my clock, battery life or Dock (its a Macbook Pro). need help fixing
I work on a MacBookPro and firefox updated itself, I did not choose to do this. Now I can no longer see the info bar at the top of the screen that shows battery life, clock, etc. I can not cause the Dock at the bottom of the screen to spring up to select other programs unless i click off Firefox onto the desktop.
I also can't see my drop down menu's and my saved bookmarks.
This is making Firefox useless for me. After a week I am ready to switch to another browser, can someone from Firefox please respond with an official response how to return this to a more useful state?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Seems like you might have accidentally activated "Full Screen" accidentally.
Let us know if this helps you.
Hopefully exiting full screen view will take care of it permanently.
However, sometimes the file that stores window dimensions becomes corrupted and uses nonsense values. Since the file is hard to edit, we generally suggest renaming the file and letter Firefox generate a new one using default values.
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the first table on the page, click the "Show in Finder" button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders.
Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Exit, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "power" button
- (menu bar) File > Quit ( or is it under Firefox > Quit ?)
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then rename xulstore.json to something like xulstore.old. If you see a file named localstore.rdf, rename that one to localstore.old.
Start Firefox back up again. Do windows display normally again?