Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Solved Okugcinwe kunqolobane

Version 31 will not get messages from imap server unless security set to none

mmblaine

I updated Thunderbird from version 24 to 31. My mail server is an imap server and has always worked well. Since I updated to version 31 I cannot retrieve my mail unless the connection security is set to none and the port is 143. The imap server uses SSL/TLS with port 993. That worked for me on the old version 24 but now it will not.

Suggestions? I can keep using no connection security but would rather not.

I updated Thunderbird from version 24 to 31. My mail server is an imap server and has always worked well. Since I updated to version 31 I cannot retrieve my mail unless the connection security is set to none and the port is 143. The imap server uses SSL/TLS with port 993. That worked for me on the old version 24 but now it will not. Suggestions? I can keep using no connection security but would rather not.

All Replies (3)

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

do you have mail scanning in your anti virus? SSL trips them up something terrible and can cause what your seeing.

That was it. Avast didn't like the new version.