Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use Safari
Can't upload pictures to Facebook using Firefox but it works if I use Safari. I found another thread about an outdated Flash version, but mine is current.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- On Windows you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux you can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by quitting Firefox and then going to your Terminal and running: firefox -safe-mode (you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
Please report back soon.
Do you receive any error messages?
Does this only occur on Facebook?
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back soon.
Neither the safe more nor the cache and cookie clearing fixed this one, sadly!
Starting in Firefox 23, if a secure page includes certain types of insecure content, Firefox blocks the insecure content and a shield icon will appear in the address bar. See this article for more information about the new mixed content blocker: Mixed content blocking in Firefox
To temporarily allow the mixed content to be displayed:
- Click the shield icon in the address bar and choose Disable Protection on This Page from the dropdown menu.
To allow insecure content to be displayed in all secure pages, enter about:config in the address bar and double-click on this preference, to toggle it from true to false:
You can also use this add-on instead, to toggle the preference:
- Toggle Mixed active content add-on
You may want to do this only for the current session, then reset the preference back to "true" and check back with the site to see whether it's been fixed, since this is a global setting that exposes you on all sites, not just the one you care about.
Let us know if this helps!
Is there a plugin like Flash or Java used to upload the files?
In case of Java you can check the Security tab in the Java Control Panel to make sure that Java for browsers is enabled.
This seems to be a Facebook to Firefox issue. LOADS of people reporting the same, all this week. Obviously, facebook changed something.
I don't have the problem of not being able to share with others on facebook nor not being able to upload photos on facebook with either IE or Chrome. The problem only exists on Firefox. I would say Firefox has incompatible software.