Firefox Downloads (in classic or new download window) does not show progress or downloads
I noticed that when I download anyhitng that the download window (classic and new) windows do not show progress anymore, do not show files downloaded, nor give me anything to right-click and go to that folder, in which it was saved. I had it fixed for 1 day, until it started to lose the files the next day.
I only see the arrow turning green, with no result within the downloadswindow.
I had done the following:
1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. o The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page. 2. In the Search field, type browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone. 3. Double-click on the browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone setting to change its value to false.
You can set the Boolean pref browser.download.useToolkitUI to true on the about:config page to restore the classic Download Manager window.
Yet this problem still continues.
Try the Firefox SafeMode to see how it works there.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Firefox SafeMode
When in Safe Mode...
- The status of plug-ins is not affected.
- Custom preferences are not affected.
- All extensions are disabled.
- The default theme is used, without a persona.
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
- The default toolbar layout is used.
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
- You can open the Firefox 15.0+ SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Or it might be caused by Hardware Acceleration.
When you figure out what is causing that, please let us know. It might help other user's who have that problem.