how do I view an email message source
How do I view an email message source? Someone sent me an email showing my email as the sender. If I try to block the sender I am afraid I will be blocking myself. I am also afraid that whoever sent that email will send to all of the email addresses in my address book. the people I know will think that the email came from me when it came from someone using my address I.D. How or what should I do?
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Picasa plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
Unfortunately, with the right kind of spam generating software, the sender can fill in any name and address they want in the "from" field. I'm not aware of any way to stop that kind of spoofing.
Of course, you want to be sure that your account is secure and the message didn't actually come from your account.
Could you check your actual Firefox version here:
Help > About Firefox
The forum recorded version 10, which is obsolete and insecure, so if that is correct, you should update ASAP. If there is something holding you back from updating, what is it? There may be a solution.
If you do have the current version of Firefox, this article might help: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version.