I am visually disabled and wish to set a default zoom level for web pages: how do I do this, please?
I have found how to set zoom on a temporary basis for web pages but I have not managed to find instructions to set an automatic zoom level for future use or to save the zoom level on the pages where it is set.
There is a few things you could try.
1) Type about:config in the location bar, hit Enter, filter for Browser.zoom.siteSpecific and set it to false (default is true).
2) Try to go to Tools -> Options -> Content, and set a larger font size there.
Try one of the following Add-ons:
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- You can set the default %-age level for all pages in Add-ons > "DFZL" > Options (first item)
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/
- More info on NoSquint: http://urandom.ca/nosquint/
To set a larger font for the Firefox user interface, try --> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
Also see --> http://www.accessfirefox.org/
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.