Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

了解更多
Solved 封存

Change the default location to save bookmarks

Steelebourne

Since updating to Firefox 4, all new bookmarks are automatically saved to the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder. How do I change that default to put them into the original "Bookmarks" folder? I know you can double-click on the star, which gives me the option to put them where I want, but I have to do that every time. I access them from the original menu bar, and having to drag & drop each individual bookmark is seems very extreme.

Since updating to Firefox 4, all new bookmarks are automatically saved to the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder. How do I change that default to put them into the original "Bookmarks" folder? I know you can double-click on the star, which gives me the option to put them where I want, but I have to do that every time. I access them from the original menu bar, and having to drag & drop each individual bookmark is seems very extreme.
從原來的回覆中察看解決方案

選擇的解決方法

由 cor-el 於 修改

所有回覆 (6)

Sorry, there is no pref for changing the default location to another folder.

Are you aware that you can use the Library window or the Bookmarks Sidebar to move bookmarks out of the Unsorted Bookmarks folder?

Yep. Discovered that a short while after I asked about this! That'll teach me to actually read the directions 1st!  :)

選擇的解決方法

由 cor-el 於 修改

Excellent! Many thanks!

For me, installing add-ons which fix Firefox quirks isn't the way to go in this case.

There have to be better solutions. By experimenting a bit, I found two: 1. Right-click anywhere on the page and press M. 2. CTRL+D will also select Bookmarks Menu and since ALT+D is shortcut for 'Done', you can practice this and bookmark pages lightning-fast

Only left-clicking the star in the address bar results in your bookmark being placed straight in the Unsorted Bookmarks.

This behavior frustrates me as well. It doesn't do what I want and I can't customize it. Thus, I can only ignore the star completely for the purposes of saving bookmarks.

That is by far the best solution. The addon wasn't necessary. I love how Firefox, which is so well known for its customizability, isn't quite as customizable when it comes to some of the basics.

由 Steelebourne 於 修改