I cannot update Firefox, my computer is claiming that I need admin permission (everything else updates fine) I am the admin for this computer and I have the password. Any ideas?
I cannot update Firefox, I've tried disabling firewalls etc. My computer claims that I need admin permission to update Firefox although I am the owner and administrator of this computer. There are updates available and know the admin password for this computer. It started when I installed the Noscript tool (which I have tried disabling with the same results)
A few times a week
== I installed the Noscript tool
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... If you have Mac OS X 10.5 or newer then do this: Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 0
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.6
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
Show in Finder
I have the same issue as the one described here. I'm trying to update Firefox from 3.6.3 to 3.6.8 and I get the message in the attached screen shot.
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... If you have Mac OS X 10.5 or newer then do this: Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
Content removed by TonyE as it was spam
由 TonyE 於 修改
1. Download either the zipped form (or the portable form) of the latest version of FireFox.
2. Unzip (or execute the portable version) into a scratch directory. (If using the portable version, find the scratch subdirectory with the same contents as the firefox directory in the "program files" - probably called "firefox". You may have to look for it - it's buried)
3. Erase the contents of the firefox subdirectory in the Program Files directory,
4. and copy into "Program Files/firefox" directory the unzipped files (or the files in the portable subdirectory labelled "firefox" - the one that has the set of files and directories just like the ones you erased.).
It worked for me.