Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

了解更多
Open

Firefox freezes so pages don’t load and I can’t open or close tabs

cl4

Recently (past few weeks) I’ve found Firefox on my iPhone (iOS 26.5.2) has stopped loading. I’ll open the app and it won’t load the page at all. It also doesn’t let me reload the page, add tabs, or close tabs. Occasionally it will fix if I click a link from an SMS or something that then opens in the app. Quitting Firefox doesn’t work, restarting my phone also doesn’t work.

Recently (past few weeks) I’ve found Firefox on my iPhone (iOS 26.5.2) has stopped loading. I’ll open the app and it won’t load the page at all. It also doesn’t let me reload the page, add tabs, or close tabs. Occasionally it will fix if I click a link from an SMS or something that then opens in the app. Quitting Firefox doesn’t work, restarting my phone also doesn’t work.

所有回覆 (8)

Please check for updates in your App Store and report back if you still see the same after you update to the newest version. Thanks!

Yeah I have the latest update and it still happens

In the browser settings down towards the bottom in "About" section there's a build number following the version number — could you please share which one you're running? Thanks!

Firefox 153.1 (74582)

Okay that sounds like something else than github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/34615 which would be presumably fixed in that build. I haven't heard about anything close to what you describe (i.e. can't add/remove tabs, can't refresh/navigate … yet the rest of the app functions and you can wander around the menus etc. while the web content is not responding and the tab management seems unresponsive)

Would you be able to file a bug at github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues so that the engineers can walk you through how to capture logs (also described in the issue linked above) and look into this specifically? It would also be helpful if you were able to make a screen recording while it happens, to demonstrate which elements can't respond to taps and which can — Thanks!

There's a report with videos attached github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios/issues/35150 — does your issue look the same?

Yesss that's exactly what it was doing. It has since stopped but I cannot for the life of me tell you why; I just noticed after a few days that it hadn't happened in ages.

Thanks for the update! There's some back and forth in that ticket above, but nothing really actionable at this point… if you ever run into it again, feel free to drop by and share you current details again (device mode, ios version, approx. no. of tabs etc.) — it seems the reporter on the older iOS 18 will need to help with some logs or similar debugging outputs to help move it forward;)

問個問題

如果您還沒有帳號,您必須先登入帳號 來回覆文章。還沒有帳號的話,只能發問新問題。