Cannot print from web on Brother printer HL-5370DW although can print from Brother MFC-J497DW
I followed all the steps in the article "Fix printing problems in Firefox," down to "Reset all Firefox printer settings," and could still not print from the web. I can print fine from PDF files and Word, and I can print from the web using Internet Explorer. My printer is a Brother HL-5370DW. I have no problem printing from web using Firefox with my other Brother printer, MFC-J497DW. I prefer to print from the first printer since it is a laser printer while the second printer is an ink-jet printer. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Some ideas come to mind such as restarting Firefox in safe mode and see if that does the trick.
- Click the 3-bar menu on the top right corner of your Firefox browser
- Click Help near the bottom
- Click Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Click Restart
- You are presented two options:
- Click Start in Safe Mode (click)
- Refresh Firefox (don't click)
You could also make a new Profile and see if you can print successfully with your laser jet printer which was recommended by another contributor.
- type this in the address bar : about:profiles
- Click Create a New Profile
- Click Launch profile in new browser