How to turn off sending Firefox "Do not track" signal entirely?
Is it possible to turn off sending a "Do not track" signal to all sites, regardless of whether they are known trackers? As stated in the help text for sending "Do not track" signals to sites depends on those sites respecting the intent of not tracking. This does little to prevent unkown tracking sites from using the signal to establish tracking. The preferences section only offers two options: Always, and 'Do not send' when ff is set to block known trackers. Why not add a third option to turn of sending the signal entirely?
I think in ancient days before Tracking Protection was reorganized, that was a third option. However, it's gone now.
Why not send it when you are using Tracking Protection? Are (unblocked) websites abusing the information?
You can submit comments and suggestions for feature changes through one or more of the following links:
- Feedback: https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/
- Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/firefox-development
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/firefox
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Firefox
- Bug 1042135 - Revert do not track preferences to be a simple on/off switch (privacy.donottrackheader.enabled)
(please do not comment in bug reports