Firefox opening extra window
This just started happening fairly recently:
When I click on an URL link, and Firefox is not already running, the linked page opens in one window and my home page opens in a 2nd window when Firefox starts up. Can I set it so that if I just open the browser, it will open to my home page, but if I click a linked URL, only the linked page will open? I thought that's how it was working for years until recently.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
True, that is how Firefox should work, by opening the link you clicked on.
You may have corrupt sessionstore file(s).
Type about:support in the address bar and press enter.
Under the page logo on the left side, you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To its right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox.
Locate the sessionstore file(s). Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox.