Flash Crashing in 38.0.5
Flash (v 220.127.116.11 - up to date according to "Plugin Status) keeps on crashing on my Firefox 38.0.5 when I try to visit one of my favorite sites (https://www.atg.se). I have no problems when using IE (but who wanna use THAT?). I've read what can be found about flash crashing, fiddled around with earlier solutions and I've tried with and without hardware acceleration - Still no joy. And as you can see, my "crash screen" (screendump) are missing a bit from the one in the "Send plugin crash reports to help Mozilla improve Firefox" article https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/send-plugin-crash-reports-help-improve-firefox , so I turn here for hopefully a solution.
Thanks in advance Bobby
由 Bobby R. 於 修改
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.7.20033
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealTimes Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Winamp Application Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
I use Firefox ESR 38.2.1 Adobe Flash plug in 22.214.171.124
These are the steps followed based on other forum suggestions:
- - Disabled the “Enable Adobe Flash protected mode” in the plug-in
- - Checked the Flash Player Setting to see if the "Enable Hardware Acceleration” was set. It was not checked.
For point 2, right click on the image of the videos to activate Player Setting popup menu Select Settings "Enable Hardware Acceleration” setting will appear in the Display tab, the first shown
The solution I found and worked for me was to change Storage settings:
Select the Local Storage tab I changed it from default 10Kb to 1 MB
See the attached image. All videos are now working fine.
@guigs You may want to update the document you refer to with the above details
I hope this will help
由 gcbrex 於 修改
Bobby R. said
Flash (v 126.96.36.199 - up to date according to "Plugin Status)
Security Issue: Update your Flash Player Version 188.8.131.52
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html Note: Windows users must download the “Internet Explorer” and “Plugin-based browsers” installers.
Note: Edge on Win10 does not use ActiveX version but its own Flash.
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration