websites are redirected to not what i clicked on.
At least half the time when I click on a bookmark or on a link in facebook or any web page , i get redirected to a totally different web page then what I was seeking. I have searched for help with this but can't find an answer. I scanned for malware, started in firefox safemode but it still happens. Also my internet speed through any browser is half as fast as it tested on the technicians computer who came to the house to check my internet speed. Why is that?
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!