- Đã giải quyết
- Đã lưu trữ
Hi - I'm running Firefox 39 on Windows 7 PC desktop, 64-bit. I already know how to restore bookmarks. I just can't figure out why they keep disappearing! This has be… (xem thêm)
Hi - I'm running Firefox 39 on Windows 7 PC desktop, 64-bit.
- I already know how to restore bookmarks. I just can't figure out why they keep disappearing!
- This has been bothering me for weeks. While troubleshooting this, I have backed up the bookmarks I want correctly. I have even exported an HTML bookmarks file as well as a backup JSON bookmarks file - just in case I could be dealing with a corrupted JSON or SQLITE or other mysterious file.
- Yet my bookmarks keep disappearing. I'll have, for example, 100 bookmarks. Then suddenly, in the middle of my work, I'll notice some of my bookmarks in my toolbar gone. When I close my browser and re-open it again to check what's going on with my bookmark backups - I see my old JSON file with 100 bookmarks - and a NEWER file that has, let's say, 55 bookmarks. Poof! Forty-five (45) bookmarks have vanished in a flash! I restored them using the old file to get them back. But the problem of disappearing bookmarks keeps happening, apparently randomly.
- As a last resort - I re-set my browser to create a new profile. But the problem continued. Then, in total frustration, I backed up my password and cookies SQLITE, DB and JSON files - and did a complete UNINSTALL of the browser - AS WELL AS - removing all "Mozilla" entries from the registry.
- From there, I downloaded and did a clean install of Firefox and put the few aforementioned backup data files from my old profile - into the new one. I thought all would be fixed. NOPE!
- I'm wondering if there is something embedded into my browser - either an add on or something in one of the SQLITE files - that is causing this baffling problem. Yes, I can restore my old bookmarks back to their original state. But scores of them continue to disappear in the middle of a session. And when I close that session - the LAST visible bookmarks become part of a new backup JSON file that's generated, but that file purges a lot of my original bookmarks.
- I hope this makes sense. Help! - Slammed and Sleepless in San Diego.