How to remove add-ons
I am running the latest version of Firefox (17.0.1)
I have a number of add-ons all of which are disabled and which I would like to remove. Unfortunately there is no remove button.
I have read the FAQs and community help which tells me that if there is no remove button then the add-ons are there through being added globally by other software. However on of the add-ons that I want to remove is Google Toolbar for Firefox - how could that have been added by another application?
Any suggestions gratefull received.
Giải pháp được chọn
Extensions that do not have a Remove button are installed globally by other software and can only be removed via that software or possibly delete the xpi file from that software that installs them for Firefox.Đọc câu trả lời này trong ngữ cảnh 8
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 184.108.40.2063)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Thông tin chi tiết
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Giải pháp được chọn
Extensions that do not have a Remove button are installed globally by other software and can only be removed via that software or possibly delete the xpi file from that software that installs them for Firefox.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Please people, read what I wrote. I have gone through everything in the help and community files and none of them help with my problem, then all you have done is repeat those instructions/suggestions.
I have a number of add-ons that are related to my anti-virus - I understand those - but I also have two add-ons that I do not understand. One is Google Toolbat for Firefox - how could that have been added globally when it is <specifically> for Firefox? I will have downloaded it at some time but now cannot remove it. The other relates to Nokia Suite which I do have on my machine but which I downloaded through IE8, so why is it showing up under Firefox. I have found a number of xpi files and deleted them but it makes no difference, I still cannot remove the add-ons (which incidently are all marked as disable.)
Did you check the involved registry keys to find where the extensions are located?
On 32 Bit Windows:
On 64 bit Windows: