why don't newer versions have option to 'save & quit' button when closing Firefox?
headliner: save and quit option has disappeared so how do I get it back?
this msg to the Firefox team....you could'a told us and/or offered the same solutions that our good bud TonyE did. (see forum at https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/789377#answer-232207) Firefox, you can do better than that, and suggest you put up the info on your website, showing instructions or better yet, just have your team reinstall the defaults to bring up the much desired feature: "Save and Quit" window again in your new versions!
thx for your time....hope someone actually reads, comprehends and acts on this information instead of blowing it off.
Art Paul aka firejolt
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Thông tin chi tiết
That issue has been asked and answered multiple times in many threads over the last 5 months since Firefox 4 was released. Just because you and few dozen other Firefox users don't like these new features in Firefox, doesn't mean anything needs to be fixed by Mozilla.
Personally, I like this new feature - I don't have to think about saving a session when I close Firefox and I can still restore that session the next time I use Firefox if I want to.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Well, possibly so about Mozilla not needing to correct anything. The feature does work but only after some doing on the users part, not as it was in previous versions.
However, for those of us who are not as knowledgeable in the tech area, a small 'how to' section listed on Mozilla's site would have been helpful. They could have addressed the programers decision to do away with the 'save and quit' window that many have been accustomed to and offer an alternative method of 'how to' set it up once again on a customized user setting. That's all I am saying here. This would allow the user to put that feature back into play.
When a particular feature has been running for a long period of time, then suddenly it is seemingly removed, the viewer wonders why it changed in terms of those who liked the function and wanted it to work the same as before.
As far as what you are enjoying on your personal level is fine; really glad it works for you. For the camp that prefers the other alternative, then I am certain they feel much the same about their particular likes as well. We all have likes and dislikes, all think differently and that's a good thing....gives us all something to ponder and have the opportunity to see something from another view point. Happy browsing!