Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Just updated to Firefox 23 and I do not see the Share Button

NapMan

I just updated to the latest FF version and I do not see the new Share button that got added. I have the Downloads, Print, Home and some add-on buttons but no Share button.

I just updated to the latest FF version and I do not see the new Share button that got added. I have the Downloads, Print, Home and some add-on buttons but no Share button.

All Replies (3)

Chosen Solution

hello, the share button is part of the social api, so it will only be visible/active once you opt-in to use a social api provider like facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/messenger-for-firefox

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/08/06/firefox-makes-it-easy-to-share-your-favorite-content-with-friends-family/

Ah, I see. Thanks!

The feature becomes active when you Turn On Messenger for Facebook. Here's a Step-by-Step guide that can help you in enabling this feature - How to Enable Built-In Share Button in Firefox 23

Firefox has made it really confusing to enable the feature. They should have included a reminder/popup which will ask users if they would like to enable the feature.